Hey you!
Wanna be cool, radical and street like me? Click the Steam button at the top, Login traditionally or Register!

Weapons of the Month: July!
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
Canada
Definitely the devil
Well, we've met the Pyro, launched (or rather, failed to launch) a monkey into space, and cried as our precious treasures turned to dust. But now that that's all done and over with, how about we explore some crazy new weaponry? I'm all for it!

The Warm-Up Wraps by CHAWLZ!
Turn your melee weapon into a deadly finisher! Empty your primary's clip and bonk the unfortunate bastard a the speed of sound! Keep warm in the unrelenting summer heat!

The Incendiary Cannon by Gage
Relive the good ol' days! Ignite masses of enemies without the nuisance of having to actually walk up to them! Have a blast as your enemies scramble to NOT be on fire!

The Lebensnerv by Lil'Guy
Use your own lifeforce to throw all sorts of minicrits at your enemies! It's like cruise control but for crits!

The Chicago Typewriter by girl
It's just like being a news reporter, but instead you're typing death! RATATATATATATATAT!

The Neverending Nuisance by CHAWLZ!
Zoom around and bop nerds without stopping! Laugh as enemies unable to hit you die at the speed of sound! Stop laughing as you take damage and find your gun is a piece of crap!

And though these weapons showed up a little early, they'll also be chilling here for most of the month:

The Quick Draw by girl
Have shootouts out by the saloon! Surprise enemies with sudden minicrits! It's like you're really Clint Eastwood!

The Gaelic Grenadier by girl
A demoknight's favored launcher! Charge, hit your enemies, then charge again! It's charge-tastic!

Now, I can hear you all salivating all the way from over here, so I won't hold you up any longer. Happy killing, AWians!
Winner Winner x2
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2012, 09:08 PM
United Kingdom
Breaker of Tengoku.Me
The Neverending Nuisance is a WOTM?
YES!

Supernoob Serenely Skedaddles

[Image: 320px-P4A_Labrys_render.png]
Agree Agree x3
01-07-2012, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 09:18 PM by RainbowDashZiP.)
Advanced Weaponiser 2
Canada
Doing The Sonic Rainboom
Yea i seem to like neverending Nuisance :P in a bad way

Who am i: Rainbow dash
Wat i do: Prank,joke and Fly fast
My Special Ability: Sonic Rainboom.....Faster then sound Ten Secounds flat >:D
[Image: Rainboompart1.gif?1320777216]
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
United States
actually good at English
Neverending Nuisance is really hard to use, Lebensnerv is good, but you die really really fast, the Warm-up Wraps are win, everything else is pretty average.
02-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
United States
100% real 110% girl
The typewriter is very clunky - and that's coming from me. But I think it's a little bit fun and the decreased fire rate is the best downside for it - prevents heavies from spamming the SMG and using it more for mid-ranged damage, when people are outside of minigun range.

One weapon didn't make it to release, due to a critical bug, but will be showing up when I can finally fix it. Or maybe it'll show up next month, I dunno

The Profession
SMG (Sniper)
After Cooldown: 3 Critical Shots (cooldown is approximately SMG spread recovery time)
+30% critical damage
+20% clip size
-125% reload speed
-30% damage done
-10% weapon switch speed
No Random Crits

Very high reload time and reduced damage makes this weapon more adept at burst-fire (firing 3 shots then waiting for the cooldown), though it can be used to finish off enemies with rapid fire if you just can't afford to wait for the critical shots. I think it feels a lot better and is more interesting to use than the typewriter. Looking forward to releasing it, as I think it outclasses the boring Carbine's design by far.

04-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
Canada
Not quite up with the times
That SMG is very interesting. It's nice to have the Queen (King?) of crafting OP SMG's finally make one.

I like the Gaelic Grenadier, although I still think I prefer the old Wrecking Ball to it...

You guys need to work on some non-Demoknight Demoman weapons.
Kind Kind x2
04-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
Canada
Definitely the devil
(04-07-2012 02:56 AM)(RN) Randomly Nameless Wrote:  I like the Gaelic Grenadier, although I still think I prefer the old Wrecking Ball to it...
<3

Quote:You guys need to work on some non-Demoknight Demoman weapons.
That's actually a bit harder then it sounds, the Demoman is so ludicrously versatile that making a balanced, fun item that changes his role or gives him a new one is quite difficult. The Demoknight, however, is the anti-thesis of the Demoman. Loads of weaknesses and other areas to explore and mess with, you could add a hundred swords and still have room for some genuinely interesting weapons.

tl;dr im workin on it lol
05-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
Canada
Definitely the devil
In other AW-related news, the Brain-Powered Homicider, Lethal Injection, and Texas Pickup all now have unique firing sounds! Try 'em out and let me know what you think! Who knows, you may find that you really like using these weapons!

Post here and let me know what you guys think.
Winner Winner x2
05-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
Portugal
Possibly a decent person!
Also I'd like to point something out
I shopped the warm ups and another 2 weapons from the mounth but
They dont show up, I dont get it, I saw every class melee to see if it's there, but nothing
So What could it be?

05-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
United States
100% real 110% girl
AW2 is having database issues. These issues may be responsible, as they are already responsible for the truncated item names in chat and the instances where you equip an item, but cannot draw it on locker refresh.

Mecha is working on a solution (or more accurately, he is rewriting the database).

05-07-2012, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 08:07 PM by Nikelin.)
Super Zombie Fortress
Argentina
Is not the dead Mecha.
I remember AW2's old days when all the weapons had a icon.

WHO NEEDS THEM?

God this is so good.

I love the wraps to go kamikaze melee-ing scout.

We need a primary for the CCCOMBO... like a Force-a-jumper.

[Image: firma-9.png]
05-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
Canada
Definitely the devil
(05-07-2012 12:28 PM)Qbe-Tex Wrote:  Also I'd like to point something out
I shopped the warm ups and another 2 weapons from the mounth but
They dont show up, I dont get it, I saw every class melee to see if it's there, but nothing
So What could it be?
Warm-Up Wraps are a secondary weapon, hence why they specify increasing melee damage.
21-07-2012, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2012 04:56 AM by Igetquestionsaboutsexuality.)
Advanced Weaponiser 2
United States
actually good at English
After playing around with them for a bit, I can see that the Lebensnerv kills you too easily, the Neverending Nuisance is nice, but the malfunctioning is a little too crippling. The Gaelic Grenadier is less useful than the Wrecking Ball, and the crit-to-minicrit thing doesn't work. The Incendiary Cannon is... good? I guess. It deals only as much damage as the flare gun, and the detonator already allows you to catch groups on fire, but this is easier. The Quick Draw is fine. The Chicago Typewriter is also pretty good, but I don't like it. The Profession is less than useless.
21-07-2012, 05:00 AM
Advanced Weaponiser 2
United States
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
Can't change most of that until the weapon editor is up :/

And yeah, I was planning to reduce the Lebensnerv cost to about 25 health, seeing as people die to fast after deploying it.

This post was brought to you by the letter ҉

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)